- The date of withdrawal is the date a student requests by email to be dropped from the program.
- A 100% refund will be given for a student who requests a refund prior to beginning the program within 48 hours after enrolling into the program.
- All refunds are paid within 30 days of the date of withdrawal.
- If the student has completed more than 10% but no more than 25% of the program, then 75% refund will be given.
- If the student has completed more than 25% but no more than 50% of the program, then 50% refund will be given.
- If the student has completed more than 50% of the program, no refund will be given.
- No refund will be provided to students enrolled 15 or more days in the program.
- The percentages will be determined on the basis of the assignments turned in as follows:
Each Lecture is 10%
Each Video is 5%
Each Quiz is 5%
*Students who have partially paid for the program (to include unit by unit, scholarship, and corporate program tuition), will be billed for the portion of tuition owed.
The course is designed to be completed in 6 weeks at 6-7 hours per week (see table below):
|Assignment||Approximate Hours per Week|
|Each Learning Path||1 hour – 90 minutes|
|Each Practice Session||1 hour|
|Each Project||1 hour – 90 minutes|
|Forum Post per unit||1 hour|
|Each Essay/Book Review||1 hour – 90 minutes|
The course may be completed in 6 months (self-paced schedule). However, we require that each student enrolled, complete at least one unit per month of enrollment in the program. If a student is falling behind schedule due to illness, or other extenuating circumstance and is in need of an extension, the student is to contact facilitator via e-mail for an extension. Extensions will be granted once date of extension is confirmed by both student and facilitator. Students must achieve a grade of B or better to obtain certificate. That is equivalent to 830 points out of 1000.
Upon course completion, student will obtain a transcript, a letter of completion, and a Certificate or *Diploma from MiTio in the mail within 14 business days. In order to obtain a Diploma, the student must complete 4 certificate courses (any combination) with MiTio.
Step 1: A student who alleges unfair grading practices for an assignment or course must first communicate with the facilitator of the class. The burden of proof is on the student and the student shall provide evidence that unfair grading practices occurred.
Step 2: If the facilitator and the student agree to a resolution, the facilitator corrects the grade or the grade stands. If the problem has not been resolved and the student wishes to continue with an appeal, the student will send a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
within ten days of the decision by the instructor. The Vice President’s Office/email will forward the appeal to the facilitator, and the President which will review the case and make a decision. Step 3: If the student disagrees with the President’s decision, he/she must send a written letter of appeal to
within 10 days. The Vice President will review the material presented and make a final ruling.
Step 4: If the student disagrees with the decision, he/she must send a written letter of appeal to NPEC: 2082 East Exchange Place, Suite 220 Tucker, GA 30084 (770) 414-3300 (www.gnpec.org)
Alumni interested in obtaining employment assistance should contact Dr. Lee upon completion of the course and request a letter of recommendation.
Alumni are then encouraged to apply directly with the following employers of phone interpreting: Language Line, Cyracom, and/or Pacific Interpreters. Translators are provided links within the course of potential employers.
Mitio automatically enrolls Alumni into its Employment Center .